Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ilya Tolmachev: Normally, we organize a meeting early in the morning, where we keep a report used c


Here, fully translated into Italian, the GSC-Fan.com recent interview that he conducted with Ilya Tolmachev, artistic director of GSC Game World. Topics include, among other things, the past Ilya, the artistic fields of STALKER, the inspiration that gave birth to the elements of the setting, the technical realization used catering trailers of mutants, and PNG.
Ilya Tolmachev: In 2004, when I had finished my studies at the Academy of Art in Kiev, someone in my class told me that my drawings had reminded the computer game STALKER I told him I did not know anything about this game, and he suggested that I become a part of the developers. When I got home, I plugged in the browser bar words like "stalker, the game", and the first site was a video game recenzione. This video was shown the location "Pripyat" with music "anxious" used catering trailers and the presenter's comments in English. I watched this video and then I thought, "It 's something new and very serious. Want to work with them." From that moment I knew I wanted to work for GSC Game World, STALKER and make the chart I prepared a portfolio, I posted examples of their work to the GSC, and I was invited for an interview. The next day I worked in the GSC Company, but, unfortunately, not for the project used catering trailers for which I had come (I worked several months for the game "Heroes of Annihilated Empires"). I designed many Characters to the fantasy world, towards which I had always been indifferent, and periodically I tried to persuade Sergyi Grigorovich to relocate the project STALKER It was impossible to concentrate on the design of gnomes and elves, in the next room when the monitor showed landscapes used catering trailers photo- Realistic used catering trailers Zone, which literally felt by L '"smell" of damp and rain. Time after the project STALKER "Shadow Of Chernobyl" had been virtually completed, all of the graphic content of the game were ready, and it was no longer possible for me to take part in the development. But he soon began designs for the prequel "Clear Sky", and Sergyi suggested me to take the post of art director for this project, and I gladly accepted.
Ilya Tolmachev: Prior to my entry in the GSC, I spent many years working in advertising. used catering trailers I was engaged in printing, web-design, I have created corporate identities, logos, packaging, etc. .. I have worked as an illustrator to create the Visual used catering trailers Eurovision-2005. All this was interesting to do, but of course, not as interesting as the games.
Ilya Tolmachev: The Art-director is the person who defines and directs the development of graphical used catering trailers content of the game so that the final form of the project seem stylistically complete and harmonious, used catering trailers it uses the style of previous games in the series, but at the same time creating visual features that are unique to that project. In addition, my responsibilities include:
Ilya Tolmachev: Normally, we organize a meeting early in the morning, where we keep a report used catering trailers on the work done the day before, and determine the priorities of the day. Then begins the work.
My day usually starts with coffee, checking e-mail and the organization of daily work plan. To produce such a plan, I start to draw something in a hurry. I walk through the office with sketches on paper and a pen in his mouth. Give guidance to modelers and to the people that create the texture. I discuss something with the game-designer. The sketch of an anomaly, for example. I run some texture (because without that, the modeling of an important object will stop), and then still drawing sketches. If at the end of the day, all or most of the points of my plan have been implemented, I am pleasantly pleased.
GSC-Fan.com: Tell us something about those movies maginfici of "Shadow Of Chernobyl" and "Clear Sky". Who created them? Because there are none in "Call of Pripyat"? E 'due to savings in time and money?
Ilya Tolmachev: The script and the storyboard for the movie of "Shadow Of Chernobyl" and "Clear Sky" were prepared by the team at GSC, then the clips themselves were created in an animation studio Australian "Plastic Wax", the which specializes in the creation of video games on our order.
In "Call of Pripyat" we were limited to a relatively small budget, in addition, we have had criticism for the quality of the video that "Plastic Wax" made for "Clear Sky". Therefore, we decided to make our own video for "Call of Pripyat", which was drawn up in the manner of "reportage" that did not require additional used catering trailers resources to create it, and we wanted to add new features in the visual field in the project.
Ilya Tolmachev: The GSC team and Alexander Novikov, deputy technical director for the nuclear safety of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, s

No comments:

Post a Comment